Sunday, August 19, 2007

WARN NOW OR WORK ON RELATIONSHIP?

WARN NOW OR WORK ON RELATIONSHIP?

What should you do? Is it better (or even right) to develop a stronger relationship with someone before talking to them about eternity or should you warn them of the coming Day of Judgment now?

Mid July this year, I hired a young man (Tyler) to work with me for a day. Tyler smiles easy and is quite pleasant to be around. At the end of the work day, I paid Tyler, handed him a Gospel tract and spoke to him briefly about eternity, warning him of death and the coming Judgment. Should I have done this then, or waited ‘till we had built a stronger friendship? What would you have done? Was I wrong? Could doing this turn Tyler off the Gospel?

Let me tell you the rest of the story. Friday I attended Tyler’s funeral. This past Monday Tyler was driving his semi-truck loaded with 40,000 of 300-degree asphalt oil down a steep grade near Drumheller Alberta…the truck was involved in a devastating crash, killing Tyler instantly. Now what was the right thing to have done? Did you give the same answer this time? Who do you know that needs to hear the Gospel…someone who could be dead by tomorrow? What should you do?

Glenn.

No comments: