Saturday, November 7, 2009

Niagara Falls



Today we began the long trip back from Quebec to Alberta (4200km).  We’ve been gone for a month this trip and drove the distance in three days on the way out, wanted the kids to have more fun on the way back.  Today, we planned to stop by Niagara Falls for some fun.  We were done taking our picture and video and were getting ready to leave.  I began to walk back to the car with them, as everyone was getting cold from the mist, when I stopped.  It’s off-season but there were still quite a few people about.  I asked if everyone minded waiting for a few minutes.
Walking back to the look-out right in front of the falls I stood on a rock and began to preach.  I called attention to the spectacular example of God’s Creations we were seeing, but that many of them no-doubt refused to give Him credit.  I went on to point out the God’s Word says that the Wrath of God will be poured out on all those who hold the truth in unrighteousness (Romans 1).  I went on to talk of death, judgment and Law.  I spent time on the Cross, resurrection and the call to Repentance and Faith.  As I was beginning to draw to a close, I noticed that a new group had approached and was paying very close attention, listening to every word, so I backed up and gave a brief recap of the Gospel message.
After I’d thanked folks for their attention, Bill approached me and introduced himself as a believer and voiced appreciation for the message.  He introduced me to his family and chatted a bit.  He’s never met a street preacher before and encouragingly said as he left, ‘I want to do that some day’.  May our Lord help him to get into the harvest field.

Glenn.

No comments: